Grab your guns and book some time off work, the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare beta is just around the corner and Activision has revealed details regarding what content is on offer.
The beta kicks off on Monday, October 14th 10AM PT and ends on Monday, October 17th at 10AM PT for PlayStation 4 users. The second part of the beta begins on Friday, October 21st at 10AM PT for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One users, ending on October 24th at the same time.
Users can expect three multiplayer maps, three combat rigs, and 4 different game modes.
- Team Deathmatch
- Kill Confirmed
- FRONTIER Circular, two-lane, fast-paced
Frontier is a small section of a giant space station that is in orbit around the planet Neptune. The action is funneled down a long, central corridor with side paths offering an element of strategy and a constricted lower lane for players craving chaos.
- FROST Linear, three-lane, medium-paced
A research facility set atop the icy surface of Jupiter’s moon Europa. Ample opportunities for vertical combat and rapid encounters around sleek modular elements highlight this frozen battleground.
- THROWBACK Bent, three-lane, medium-paced
This throwback 1950’s ‘Main Street USA’ locale sits on a giant, rotating, torus-shaped space station. A large circular lane rings the perimeter, while a large center square with multiple avenues of approach and two opposing windows offers a wide range of engagement opportunities.
WARFIGHTER: Designed for a mid-range assault-style player, equip the Warfighter rig to support the team by getting fast kills, quickly getting to an objective, and always being on the offensive.
- Claw: Powerful spread-shot weapon. Fires bullets that can ricochet around corners.
- Combat Focus: Allows you to get double points for a limited time, getting you to that scorestreak even faster.
- Overdrive: Gives you a speed boost.
- Ping: Kills and assists send a ping that highlights nearby enemies.
- Persistence: Scorestreak counts don’t reset after death, but cost more.
- Resupply: Lethals and tacticals can be resupplied by scavenging supplies from downed foes.
MERC: This imposing suit is equipped with payload options designed to clear enemy threats quickly and with authority. Its focus is heavy defense and suppressive fire.
- Steel Dragon: Heavy beam weapon that can target multiple enemies.
- Bull Charge: Armored riot shield that destroys enemies as you charge.
- Reactive Armor: Electromagnetically charged armor that shields you from enemy fire.
- Infusion: When triggered, regenerates health quickly after taking damage.
- Man-At-Arms: Heavy weapons won’t slow you down, and you start with maximum ammo.
- Shock Wave: Slam yourself into the ground and enemies with this devastating jump.
SYNAPTIC: A C6 Class remote-operated droid optimized for speed and close quarters combat.
- Equalizer: Dual under-arm machine guns with built-in suppressors for close quarters combat.
- Rewind: Rewinds your position and replenishes health and ammo.
- Reaper: Switches you into four-legged, rapid melee combat mode.
- Combat Burst: After each kill, gain a boost of movement speed.
- Propulsion Jump: pack that recharges quickly and allows you to damage enemies underneath you with the blast from the jump pack.
- Rushdown: Allows you to dash in any horizontal direction.
So there you have it!
Will you be playing the beat next week? Let us know in the comments below.